my boyfriend is on steriods can i still get pregnant

Anonymous

Yes you can still get pregnant if the guy is on steroids. Don't listen to any idiots that say you can't. I've read it could decrease fertility, but it really doesn't. My friend got pregnant really quick and her bf was on steroids. I don't think it was even a month.

Anonymous

hi my boyfriend just started using steroids for body building think its called deka and sars can I fall pregnant while his using these steroids I really want anther baby and he doesn't want to get off this wat can I do

I don't know if you can get pregnant by him, have him checked by his doctor. Anabolic steroids aren't a good idea for anyone to be on and definitely do affect men's fertility. Many men cannot get a woman pregnant when on them but can within a year of coming off them. These steroids can destroy the body. Having a baby with a man who won't get off them (while knowing the consequences) probably isn't a good idea but the choice is yours. 

just curious as well about having a child with a partner taking steroids,
From long term of taking it is there a chance of medical problems or deformation that could happen to your baby if getting pregnant

HI Anon

When you say your boyfriend is on steroids, what kind of steroids are you taking about? Are you talking about a medication like cortisone or hydrocortisone used to treat asthma or conditions like arthritis or lupus? Are they prescribed by his doctor for a medical condition?

Or are you meaning the kind of anabolic steroids used by body-builders? These can and do affect sperm production - and long term use can shrivel the testicles to the size of large marbles. But once the use of these kinds of steroids stop, sperm production can return.

I hope this helps and thank you for writing!
~Susan

Yes they r prescribe by the doc for something dealing wit his eye so can I still get pregnant

That is something that your partner will have to ask of his own doctor. The issue is not whether YOU can get pregnant, rather if HE can get you pregnant so he needs to talk with his physician.

Good luck to both of you!
~Susan