ask: my boyfriend won't have sex with me,says he feels pressured

we've been together 7 months and untill about 2 months our sex life was great. he said i always turned him on and he'd talk dirty to me constantly.then it seemed to get less frequent and now he makes up excuses not to have sex. i get really upset and feel very rejected and he knows that because i can't help getting mardy with him when he won't have sex with me!
when we do have sex (which is rare) it's become awkward and either lasts for 5 minutes or he loses his erection.i asked him to talk dirty to me once and he gave a nervous laugh and said "i don't know what to say". which made me very confused!

the other night after he rejected me again, he admitted to me that he felt pressured into performing because i always want sex, and he feels like a performing monkey. i don't understand this, because he always wanted it as much as me!
i just find him irresistable and i need the sexual contact with him to feel close and wanted, and when i don't get it i feel like total crap.
i'm now terrified of initiating anything because he pushes me away and i can't handle it.
i'm at a complete loss as i've never been in this situation before,in past relationships i was the one who would rather turn over and go to sleep. what can i do??

Anonymous

This post is for future people in this predicament......the problem with your men/boys is the classic symptoms of PORN ADDICTION! They wont stop even tho they cant "get it up"....they are not real men but losers! Dont waste your time on these fools!

Your so right I've been with my partner now for 22 years for the last 2 years nothing after assuming he was seeing prostitutes I confront him he admitted having a problem with porn. For years he's been SA but still the same

Anonymous

I´m not sure if every one of your stories fit in the same scenario, but I hope this helps:
When a man who loves doesn´t "feel like" having sex with you, there sure is a problem, but it´s rarely ever related to sex.
Men like sex, and they enjoy it, but it is true that they sometimes feel pressure, and are not able to perform at their best, which makes them even more frustrated, and the more frustrated you are, the more pressure he feels, so first of, stop "asking" for sex, even more so, stop demanding it if you are. Be sublte. Men are not very attracted to a woman pursuing them (they are when they can´t get any, of course, but if he loves you, and he already wanted you before, you don´t need to offer it, I know it may be difficult, but restrain yourself from going after him. It´s okay to tell him he looks sexy, or that he is handsome, but stop there, he has to pursue you).
Second, this is a very common cause of men not having sex with the woman they love, they feel pressure because they feel they are the only thing on your life, or at least, your main focus. If you´re not too happy on your job, or you have stopped doing your hobbies, he will feel like all of your happiness depends on him (most men are egocentric like that, this is not a bad thing, it´s just the way they are wired). Go back to your old hobbies, or find a new one. Find something to do that you enjoy and that does not depend on him at all. Tell him about it, and about how excited you are about this new thing that you are trying (Try to make it something that he won´t want to join into, this needs to be something you do alone for yourself) but don´t fake it. Do something that you´re really excited about. Avoid things like cooking, or projects where the end result will still benefit him (If you take on knitting, and knit him a sweater, he may feel like it still bounces back to him, if you enjoy knitting, then knit things for yourself. Focus on you on this one).
Keep taking care of yourself (shallowly speaking, don´t give up on that) and flirt with him. Be subtle and discreet. Place your cand on his, and maybe caress him gently with one of your fingers, stare at his lips, lick yours, but do not engage in physical action until he does. Do respond if he does, but always give less than him, if he kisses you, kiss him back, but don´t throw yourself at him after one kiss. Draw back. Let him pursue you.
Like I said, this won´t fix all of your problems, you better than me know if he might be cheating, or just straying away. This response is focused for when he used to be sexual with you, your relationship is emotionally commited, you know he loves you and he just feels too pressured to "perform" in the bedroom with you.
Stop trying.
Focus on yourself.
Set goals for yourself that have nothing to do with him, and focus on them.
Flirt.
If the problem is really just the pressure, this should fix it.
Men are wired differently than we are. They are less aware of their emotions and where they come from, if he says he´s feeling pressured, he must be feeling it a lot for him to notice, and accept it, they are just not always usually aware of the fact that the feeling of pressure comes from the fact that they feel like you have all of your hopes set on him. The more you want it, the more impact he thinks the disappointment will be.
I hope this helps you. A good relationship is not worth throwing away over sex.

Melissa Ann Hutton

This is my situation exactly. I sometimes think it is a manipulation on his part because he is naturally passive with the opposite sex and so he feels the need to dominate in a sort of passive aggressive way. I staying until things got so bad I had to leave. I have no self esteem and I cannot stop thinking about having sex with him.

Anonymous

My boyfriend never ever wants sex from me if I never mentioned sex for years he wouldn't even notice or say anything he doesn't initiate it and never will I practically nag him every day and he rejects me he always says oh tomorrow never happens the run around he's been doing this for 6 years I have sex once a year if I'm lucky and I'm very attractive to every man but him he's only 28 I'm 24 with him alot and he calls me all time at work just tired of it

Anonymous

I met my boyfriend online 8 months ago. we met in rl and had sex but it sucked he couldnt keep an errection, at this point i was ok with it because he told me he had panic attacks and it started after that so i stayed with him thinking it is a physical issue and he will get help for it, other than that is is super cute and sweet, I am 47 he is 33 so theres an age difference , even tho I look in my mid 30s. After being togeather for some time his errections stayed and sex had gotten better even tho he has only sparked at me in a sexual passive way 2-3 times, rest of them i ignited. which in 8 months has only been like 12-13 times, We had talked about moving in togeather because he was cummuting to see me 2 1/2 hours away a 5 hour train ride he made every other week and he would stay for 2 weeks and go back, when he came this last time he said he planned to stay a month. after two weeks here he said, " Babe is it awful i dont find older women attractiv?" I flipped out ,what after all these months and commuting and bringing him into my life as well as my sons who just lost his father a year ago walking out on us, he is telling me this now.... I cried ,was pissed and sexually attacked him rising him up in 3 seconds flat, he said babe nows not the time and i replied u got that right i just had to prove that older women turn u on and i just did it in 3 seconds, and ur right i dont want u , he then said you bitch and sexually went after me in a very hot passionate ordeal, after we were done he held me tight saying he would work on his feelings to get over it, Next night we went out had drinks and he got a a lil tipsy, he called his family and said he is moving in with me, and kept telling me i look sexy shooting pool , when we got home we took a bath togeather and then had sex sex sex, telling me how sorry he was for saying what he did night beforenext day he was hung over and kept texting me at work wanting me to come home and lay with him. since that a month has passed and we only have had sex one time in the morning and it seemed like a 5 minute chore to him, he makes excuses not to like his penis skin got ripped last time and its healing etc. I have tried everything, I really am a sexy beautiful woman who gets offers all the time.My boyfriend calles me baby, kisses me, cuddles me and strokes my back, arms face, burries himself in my hair, holds my hand in public does everything you would want ur man to do, BUTTTTT now im sick of a new thing happening, girls from his past so called friends, texting him in middle of night, when i cope an attitude he offers me to read it, and i just say no, i just find it rude ... i would never text a guy in middle of night and if one texted me i woould let them know what time it was and ask if its an emergency because im in bed with my man, he stays up late playing video games and get s times where he doesnt wonna touch, and then other times he wants to grab and touch me, its like he needs to have control and me none, I am at my wits end and do love him , but feel i love myself more and this relationship is starting to feel more like im a suga momma more than a gf.

I'm a guy and one thing is...older women are sexy hot. Especially if they are like you. One thing and I'll put this is CAPs for all women, IF YOUR GUY PLAYES VIDEO GAMES AND YOU ARE TRYING TO INITIATE SEX AND HE WONT STOP PLAYING, HE'S NOT THAT INTO YOU-LITERALLY. Guys who play video games are little boys inside. Even if you come out in a sexy lingerie outfit, touch yourself and he still doesn't stop-DUMP HIM. You need a man to lift you in the air and make love to you not a 6 year old. Think of the Jennifer Aniston scene with Vince Vaughn - did he stop playing. If he said he didn't find you (older women attractive, then he's jacked inside - men love sex, I can do it several times a day, one or two at a time, give it to me). I like fishing and if a women asked me to stop to bang her, done. Pole is down and my rod is out.

Melissa Ann Hutton (reply to Anonymous)

This might seem like a strange thing to ask but was he a Leo?

Anonymous

Erectile dysfunction , Diabities, Weight Gain, i really dont know why its happening.. But he really hasnt looked into it much further than saying he has a problem.
But i agree with all the above posts, even after 5 - 6 years of a relationship im thinking i should move on..
He is a very caring and helpful partner, i havent met another like him. But the sex dropped off after a couple of years, to no sex at all, he knew what i was like..I really enjoyed Sex and enjoyed it quite often. I have struggled with my inner urgers at times i feeling so overwhelmed with the need to releave myself.
I have gone past the hurt stage even past the i need to releave myself stage.. Now its just we dont have sex...
Im in my early 40s and i know i can be vibrate and sexy but i squash it all down, not for his sake of feeling pressured, but so i can keep my emotions in check.
Do i release the inner woman and go solo from here on.. Or do i struggle for the rest of my years till the sexual urgers die down.

Anonymous

Hey everyone... my boyfriend does not have erectile dysfunction, is not stressed, is not on any sort of drugs (legal or not) and is generally healthy. He says he is still attracted to me, and we actually had sex yesterday. But, the problem is, we only have sex MAXIMUM once a week, but more like once every couple weeks. We used to have sex every day and sometimes several times a day. I still want it like I used to. We were like that for a few years and now (5 years together, on and off) it's not like that anymore. We're great together, best friends and sexually attracted to each other, and we love each other dearly. He is very cuddly and affectionate with me, and he says he isn't sexually bored of me. We have discussed it many times and it usually ended up in some sort of argument or just me being hurt because I can't help but feel sexually unwanted sometimes. I don't ask for it every day, but every few days. I always initiate it now. The conclusions we came to having discussed it are two: 1) He says he is often aroused but suppresses it because he doesn't always want to, and 2) We have incompatible sex drives, and he says I want it all the time. Those two claims are incompatible to me. One says he has similar, if not the same sex drive I do, but consciously suppresses it, and the other says we simply don't have compatible libidos. What's the deal?

Do you think sex gets better as you age? :