My daughter has a hemangiomas on the outside on her vagina and i am worried about whether it will disappear or not?

By January 5, 2011 - 3:39pm

i have not heard of any other children with it there and want to know if this is unusual and what will happen if it does not go away?

Anonymous

My daughter has a hemangioma on right outer vagina lip but it spreads to the crease of her leg and all the way down her right butt cheek including her anal opening. Everytime she poops she screams in pain. It's a constant battle to keep it from being moist or to dry there's never a n inbetween. I'm so tired of seeing her in pain it's killing me. The pediatrician is sending her to a dermatologist. Are they going to be able to help or do I need to take her to a vascular doctor.

Anonymous

My daughter, who's now almost 5, was born with one which covered her right outer labia. It was a nightmare. It would easily get sores on it with needed dressing (worst place for dressing) which of course needed constant checking and changing. She'd scream from pain all the time. It didn't help that as she grew, it grew too. It ended up about 5cms long and 2-3cms wide (that's now). When she was about 6 months or so, the GP referred me to a specialist team who put her on liquid Propranolol. It didn't go away completely but it's now got a lot of normal pigment instead of the nasty red, so the medical did get rid of a lot of blood vessels for it. It does only with kids up 3 or 4 years so, if anyone has a baby with one, get them on Propranolol, and stick with it. I only had my girl on it for about 18mths to 2 years. She still has some issues with it, but luckily no pain or sores forming.

Wow, thank you for sharing I thought I was the only one with my daughter having one as well... She also cries of pain and I do see it has grown..

I was born with a strawberry hemangioma on the outer vaginal lip. My Mother said that within weeks she went to change my diaper and it had begun to bleed. She took me to the doctor and after consulting with a few other doctors, he decided to use liquid nitrogen to cauterize it. It worked, not only did the bleeding stop but after a few weeks the whole hemangioma had disappeared. I was left with a small scar . Of course that was over 40 years ago,but I thought I would share. Never heard of anyone else having one in that particular area..

Anonymous

I have one on the outside of my who-ha. When I was little it was always inflamed even with a little bit of moister. This made potty training for my mother easy since I found it the most uncomfortable situation ever. When I got older, it didn't go away, but it wasn't quite as inflamed and noticeable. On days where I'm in a bathing suit or sweating a whole lot, I'll end up with it inflamed and with a rash that goes on the leg in the inside of my leg. It hurts extremely, and I usually put on some kind of baby rash creme and it usually helps. I really haven't had any side affects from any of my relationships, including my boyfriend of five years. If I hadn't said anything, especially when I've had rashes from heat, he said he would have never guessed or thought something was different.

Anonymous

im 22 years old and I had hemangiomas on the left side of my vagina. It was "removed" at the age of five but the left side still swells up during intercourse oe if I'm standing in the shower. Now that I'm 9months pregnant, I fear complications during labor..HELP

(reply to Anonymous)

Hi dear. How are you now? How did your delivery went? Did your hemangioma effect during labor?

Anonymous

My daughter has this too, its on the right lip area, spreadong bigger than when she was born. It scares me that it will touch her actuallt area and effect her way to go to the bathroom or something? I'm glad I can see others relate and it doesn't seem critical. I just don't know why the doctors brush it off like it will go away..

How old your Daughter Madam/ Sir? you know what, I'm so scared about this situation cause it affects my life, in the way of thinking that " I can't be marry coz it has possiblities to experienced bleeding during intercourse.." and worrying not to have children. I really wanted to have children coz i beleived in this line.." The essence of a woman is to become a mother". How can I be a mother someday if this is my situation.? :(

Anonymous

Hello..Just want to ask about hemangioma because I have hemangioma when I was a baby. My hemangioma is located in vagina, inner and outer. I want to know if this hemangioma is still active or not even if I'm turning 22 years old. Is it possible that this hemangioma is lost? Is it deligate in sexual intercourse when I got married? Is this affects me when I got married? Some Says that when i got married and do sexual intercourse i experience running blood? is this true? please responds to my questions. Thanks and God Bless!