Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: My daughter has a hemangiomas on the outside on her vagina and i am worried about whether it will disappear or not?

By lyns4

i have not heard of any other children with it there and want to know if this is unusual and what will happen if it does not go away?

Anonymous

im 22 years old and I had hemangiomas on the left side of my vagina. It was "removed" at the age of five but the left side still swells up during intercourse oe if I'm standing in the shower. Now that I'm 9months pregnant, I fear complications during labor..HELP

ashya (reply to Anonymous)

Hi dear. How are you now? How did your delivery went? Did your hemangioma effect during labor?

Anonymous

My daughter has this too, its on the right lip area, spreadong bigger than when she was born. It scares me that it will touch her actuallt area and effect her way to go to the bathroom or something? I'm glad I can see others relate and it doesn't seem critical. I just don't know why the doctors brush it off like it will go away..

How old your Daughter Madam/ Sir? you know what, I'm so scared about this situation cause it affects my life, in the way of thinking that " I can't be marry coz it has possiblities to experienced bleeding during intercourse.." and worrying not to have children. I really wanted to have children coz i beleived in this line.." The essence of a woman is to become a mother". How can I be a mother someday if this is my situation.? :(

Anonymous

Hello..Just want to ask about hemangioma because I have hemangioma when I was a baby. My hemangioma is located in vagina, inner and outer. I want to know if this hemangioma is still active or not even if I'm turning 22 years old. Is it possible that this hemangioma is lost? Is it deligate in sexual intercourse when I got married? Is this affects me when I got married? Some Says that when i got married and do sexual intercourse i experience running blood? is this true? please responds to my questions. Thanks and God Bless!

bellaguys

Hello LYNS4,
I am a 31 year old woman and I had a hemangioma on the left side of my vagina (on the whole lip). The doctors told my mother that it would go away by the time I was four, but it did not begin to go away until I was nine. By the time I turned ten it was completely gone. It really wasn't a big deal. There is no scar or discoloration but the skin is somewhat looser on that lip when compared to the "normal one
If I may offer a suggestion: The worst part about having it was my mothers reaction or over reaction. Every time I went to the doctor they would stare at it making me hate going to the doctor. It made me very self conscious. I am still very shy about that area even with my husband. By the time that she is the age that it would matter if some one saw it...it will be gone. The emotional scars of feeling like her who -who isn't normal will last a long time. Please consider my story for her emotional well being.

Anonymous (reply to bellaguys)

hello..just want to ask..if this hemangioma can affect you when you do sexual intercourse?

bellaguys (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Anonymous July 4 8:11 am
My hemangioma was located on the outside only. As I stated in my earlier post it had completely disappeared by the time I was 10 years old. Although I do have some asymmetry, the pigment is completely gone and the skin is smooth. Physically it has never caused pain or problems during sexual intercourse, I experience orgasm 99% of the time. The psychological effects have been a challenge to overcome, however, I would never consider surgery because of the risks of losing sensation.

Anonymous (reply to bellaguys)

This situation was scared me, coz my mom said that i will be having internal bleeding when I commit sexual intercourse. No person can help me about this, I'm too shy and scared to went to doctors, because of what they will say.." its critical..or whatsoever."
Just myself to fight this situation. :(

Pat Elliott

Hi lyns4 - Thanks for writing on behalf of your daughter. I did some research and found some clinical data on cases involving young girls. These were included in clinical reports about the treatments used to remove hemangiomas from the cervix, vagina and urethra. This led me to wonder if your daughter is under a doctor's care and whether she has been examined to determine whether she has any additional hemangiomas which could be harmful. While these are the most common form of birth defect, some can cause internal bleeding and other issues. To be on the safe side it would be best to get an opinion from a medical professional about your daughter's situation.
Take care,
Pat

How do you control your PMS?: