My daughter has a hemangiomas on the outside on her vagina and i am worried about whether it will disappear or not?

By lyns4 January 5, 2011 - 3:39pm

i have not heard of any other children with it there and want to know if this is unusual and what will happen if it does not go away?

Anonymous

My daughter, who's now almost 5, was born with one which covered her right outer labia. It was a nightmare. It would easily get sores on it with needed dressing (worst place for dressing) which of course needed constant checking and changing. She'd scream from pain all the time. It didn't help that as she grew, it grew too. It ended up about 5cms long and 2-3cms wide (that's now). When she was about 6 months or so, the GP referred me to a specialist team who put her on liquid Propranolol. It didn't go away completely but it's now got a lot of normal pigment instead of the nasty red, so the medical did get rid of a lot of blood vessels for it. It does only with kids up 3 or 4 years so, if anyone has a baby with one, get them on Propranolol, and stick with it. I only had my girl on it for about 18mths to 2 years. She still has some issues with it, but luckily no pain or sores forming.

Wow, thank you for sharing I thought I was the only one with my daughter having one as well... She also cries of pain and I do see it has grown..

Anonymous

I have one on the outside of my who-ha. When I was little it was always inflamed even with a little bit of moister. This made potty training for my mother easy since I found it the most uncomfortable situation ever. When I got older, it didn't go away, but it wasn't quite as inflamed and noticeable. On days where I'm in a bathing suit or sweating a whole lot, I'll end up with it inflamed and with a rash that goes on the leg in the inside of my leg. It hurts extremely, and I usually put on some kind of baby rash creme and it usually helps. I really haven't had any side affects from any of my relationships, including my boyfriend of five years. If I hadn't said anything, especially when I've had rashes from heat, he said he would have never guessed or thought something was different.

Anonymous

im 22 years old and I had hemangiomas on the left side of my vagina. It was "removed" at the age of five but the left side still swells up during intercourse oe if I'm standing in the shower. Now that I'm 9months pregnant, I fear complications during labor..HELP

ashya (reply to Anonymous)

Hi dear. How are you now? How did your delivery went? Did your hemangioma effect during labor?

Anonymous

My daughter has this too, its on the right lip area, spreadong bigger than when she was born. It scares me that it will touch her actuallt area and effect her way to go to the bathroom or something? I'm glad I can see others relate and it doesn't seem critical. I just don't know why the doctors brush it off like it will go away..

How old your Daughter Madam/ Sir? you know what, I'm so scared about this situation cause it affects my life, in the way of thinking that " I can't be marry coz it has possiblities to experienced bleeding during intercourse.." and worrying not to have children. I really wanted to have children coz i beleived in this line.." The essence of a woman is to become a mother". How can I be a mother someday if this is my situation.? :(

Anonymous

Hello..Just want to ask about hemangioma because I have hemangioma when I was a baby. My hemangioma is located in vagina, inner and outer. I want to know if this hemangioma is still active or not even if I'm turning 22 years old. Is it possible that this hemangioma is lost? Is it deligate in sexual intercourse when I got married? Is this affects me when I got married? Some Says that when i got married and do sexual intercourse i experience running blood? is this true? please responds to my questions. Thanks and God Bless!

hi, im from lima-peru and i have the same thing as you, but i have it located on the right side of my vagina, i have it since i was a new born and it begans like a tinny hemangioma but it started to grow up through the time, now it's bigger and i have it in my whole right side of the vagina and it goes through my right leg, this happens because any doctor have a solution when i was a baby and my fathers didn't have any answers, now im 22 years old and im going to doctors again, but my hemangioma looks now like a crust and it itches me and it began to bleed because i scratch it. I feel the same about you and i have trust issues with myself, in my social life and shame about having sexual relationships, and what worries my the most is that i can pass it to my childs if i have them in the future because for me it was inherited from my father and others members in my family have this too, i really want to contact with somebody because i need a solution for this problem because i have already enough and i just want to have a normal life, please if you have already received a treatment help me please im desesperate.

bellaguys

Hello LYNS4,
I am a 31 year old woman and I had a hemangioma on the left side of my vagina (on the whole lip). The doctors told my mother that it would go away by the time I was four, but it did not begin to go away until I was nine. By the time I turned ten it was completely gone. It really wasn't a big deal. There is no scar or discoloration but the skin is somewhat looser on that lip when compared to the "normal one
If I may offer a suggestion: The worst part about having it was my mothers reaction or over reaction. Every time I went to the doctor they would stare at it making me hate going to the doctor. It made me very self conscious. I am still very shy about that area even with my husband. By the time that she is the age that it would matter if some one saw it...it will be gone. The emotional scars of feeling like her who -who isn't normal will last a long time. Please consider my story for her emotional well being.