my daughter have an eczima from birth what is the best treatment

By Anonymous November 27, 2015 - 1:15am

My daughter is 8 years and have this problem since birth i gave many treatment dr,s give,t to her but nothing work she scratch so much always her skin red and dry sometime her skin bleeding eczima cover all her body especially her face please help me to find the best for her thank you

I don't know if we can guide you to something different when she is currently working with doctors for a solution.
I'm sorry she is going through this, it's sounds very painful for her, and for you too, I'm sure.

What kind of eczema does your child have?

Eczema, also called dermatitis, is not a single condition. There are several types. However, the collective term refers to a noncontagious and superficial inflammation of the skin. In the early stages, the affected skin is red and itching. Blisters or lesions develop. They become crusty, scaly and ooze a serous fluid.

Since your child probably has Atopic Eczema (please correct me if I'm wrong), she has the most common type of eczema, is a chronic skin condition caused by a hypersensitivity reaction. It is common in infants, tends to run in families and resolves in many children by the age of two. (1) About 50 percent of affected individuals continue to have symptoms into adulthood. Individuals with this type of eczema tend to have asthma and hay fever.

In infants, skin lesions develop on the scalp, face, hands and feet. These blisters may ooze and become crusty. In older children and adults, the itchy patches form on the bends of the elbows, backs of knees, ankles, wrists, face, neck, and upper chest. A rash often appears where the skin has been scratched. Untreated, the affected skin will thicken.

Allergies to pollen, mold, dust mites or animals, exposure to environmental irritants, the common cold or influenza, dry skin and exposure to dyes or fragrances are some factors that trigger atopic eczema.

Avoiding allergens and irritants, moisturizing the skin with hypoallergenic products, using a humidifier in the home and applying cool compresses may relieve symptoms. Antihistamines with a non-drowsy formula can help relieve itching without causing sleepiness. Most cases are treated with prescribed topical steroid cream. (1) Oral or injectable steroids may be used to treat severe cases. Immunotherapy and oral immunosuppressant medications are additional treatment options.

Anon, I assume she is seeing a pediatric specialist? Have they told you why nothing is working?

Eczema Guide