My Dr. switched my birthcontrol pill I am currently on lutera until next friday

By May 14, 2015 - 11:04pm

I picked up the new pack today and the new pack is Necon 1/35. My question is this new bc pack a mini pill or is it combination pill? because some websites online say it's not a combination ando others say it is I'm confused help please.

Hi Marrie

It's a combination pill, not the mini pill. 

Read and follow the instructions carefully.

Thank you. One more thing when I start it which will be next week would I still be protected from the current pack or do I have to use a backup method since is a different pill?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Marrie)

Hi again

As long as your current pack is also a combination, you will be fine and protected straight away.  Don't forget to ask you doctor about these things when you are talking to him/her. He/she is your best reference.  The pharmacy is also an excellent resource. 

Thank you. I totally forgot to asked the dr. If the pill was a combination and if I will continue to be protected.