My eltroxin dosage changes every 6months rangeing from 0.1mg - 0.2mg. I need to know if there is anything I could take or do to level it off.

By August 8, 2010 - 2:39am

I have been on eltroxin for over 9years and it has never been stable. Is there anything I could take or do to help level it off?

Hi Kat-Jones

I assume you have a hypothyroid condition? Has your doctor told you why your thyroid levels are not stable, even while taking this medication?

One thing I'd like to ask you is if you have any kind of allergies or food intolerance? For example, celiacs (those who cannot ingest gluten) see their levels move around a little, even on this kind of medication.

I think it's a good idea to bring this subject up with your doctor. Additionally, ask him/her for more details on what's going in with you regarding your thyroid, as he/she is the one prescribing the medications. I hope your doctor is taking the time to explain things to you.

Let me know if you do have food intolerance or suspect you may. I look forward to hearing back from you!

Yes I have hypothyroidism and the only other thing I have a problem with is hayfever. Unfortunately my doctor hasn't explained anything to me even when I asked. I do know The othere allergies that I have is the tannin in tea and red wines so stay clear of and iron supplements. Any advice and help is very appreciated.

Hypothyroidism Guide