My eyelashes are falling out, I'm 40 what do I do?

My eyelashes are not growing and aren't as long as they used to be, is that what happens when you age?

Hi Carrie Margaret Allen,

Welcome to EmpowHER. Unfortunately, thinning eyelashes are part of the aging process. Eyelash growth has four stages growth, resting, shedding and regrowth. Your lashes continuously cycle through these four stages. As we age, eyelash follicles can slow or stop producing new lashes altogether.

Hope this helps?

Hi Carrie, I'm 30 and I have the same issue. My hair falls out, my eye lashes falls out and my eye brows falls out. These usually are hormone problems. Have you ever had your thyroid and hormones checked out? If you haven't it's a good idea to see a endocrinologist if they do blood work and everything comes out normal it means you're hormones are imbalanced and imbalanced hormones don't show in the blood so you can supplement on hormone balance supplements. I started taking them and I feel a little different in a good way but takes time until you see full results.

Beauty Guide