Skin, Hair & Nails

Skin, Hair & Nails Guide

ask: my eyes are always tired my under eyes are also dry and swollen..although i sleep more than 8 hours i drink plenty of water too!!

and when i do get clean shaved i look very very awkward..please help :O

rajat_ghai10@yahoo.in

will a dermalogist helpp us in this case??

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to rajat_ghai10@yahoo.in)

Yes, rahat - a dermatologist would be the person to see. 

Let us know if things improve for you! 

Shana O'Connor

Hi Anon! I also unfortunately have this problem. Like Susan mentioned, my issue is genetic. Just about every woman in my family is unluckily blessed with dark circles and bags under the eyes.

Here are a few things that have been helpful for me:
1) A good moisturizing under-eye concealer - My fav products are Erase Paste from Benefit, Dior's Skinflash and the Sephora brand under-eye concealer
2) Under-eye cream - My fav is Teamine
3) Under-eye prep (before you put on your concealer) - My fav is Oh la la from Benefit, especially if you keep it in the fridge and put on when it's cold!

If you are eating fresh and healthy foods, drinking lots of water and sleeping well, your issue may be genetic. 

Many people have premature lines or dark circles or things like drooping eyelids because their parents and grandparents did - they are facial characteristics that are hereditary. 

A good eye moisturizer can help a lot with with dryness. Cold, wet teabags and fresh slices of cucumber can help with puffiness but in some cases, a consultant with a board certified cosmetic doctor if age or genetics are to blame. 

Has this helped? 

When going out in the sun, what SPF do you put on?: