Q: 

My eyes seem to get blurry almost every time I get my period

I am 44yrs old and for the last couple oif years my eyes get blurry and watery (at times) and I can't seem to see as well (and I have 20/20 vision) and it always seems to flare up like this just before and during my period..... WHY

Anonymous

Yes this happens to me plus my eyes get watery, , along with my whole myriad of other peculiar symptoms - everyone, including the doctors smile sympathetically and look at me like I'm mad when I describe my pre menstrual week. I am just 45 and also have perfect vision, yet before my period my vision jumps around, I find I have difficulty judging depth and distance such as when going downstairs I feel like I'm plummeting. My head spins, my arms and legs feel like they don't belong to me, I feel trembly even though nobody else can see the trembles, my head feels numb but sore all at once, my knees hurt, my hips hurt, my tummy and back really hurt, my heart flutters, my skin gets itchy in exactly the same patches each month, I have nightmares, I get hot but shivery, my neck feels tense and stiff which I feel may contribute to my vision and headache issues. This month my fingertips went numb and had significant pins and needles the night before my period came. I struggle to string a sentence together and feel massively anxious, my ears are ringing and I can't concentrate on what people are saying to me in conversation. I have a period roughly every 20 days so this is all very life affecting. Sometimes I get a sore throat and feel tender in my glands as if I'm about to go down with tonsillitis.

I'm fit and healthy the rest of the month, I'm not overweight, I exercise 4 or 5 times a week, ride horses, walk, cross train, do yoga, I'm vegetarian verging on vegan, rarely drink alcohol and have never smoked and my blood pressure is usually on the low side at about 110/50. My doctors standard answer is the progesterone pill or a mirena coil but I don't want any fake hormones and most say as I'm nearing menopause age it's fine as I only have to put up with this for a few more years!! If anyone has any ideas to help I'd be enormously grateful.

I feel the same way but the doctors dont take it serious. When I get blurry and cant focus it stops you.

Eyes & Vision

Eyes & Vision Guide