My eyes seem to get blurry almost every time I get my period

I am 44yrs old and for the last couple oif years my eyes get blurry and watery (at times) and I can't seem to see as well (and I have 20/20 vision) and it always seems to flare up like this just before and during my period..... WHY

Thanks for your post. 

Having different (or worse) vision around the time of your period is not actually all that uncommon! It's caused by the changes in hormones of your body at this time. 

The fact that you are in your forties now means that you are likely perimenopausal or getting there. This is the change our body goes through in the years before menopause.  These changes can also cause our vision to be less than what we normally experience, again due to hormones. The hormone responsible is thought to be estrogen. Either a surge or decline. 

Nearsightedness is usually the kind of vision trouble women have at these times, meaning things up close can be blurry. 

None of this is anything to be concerned about but eventually, most of us need some kind of vision assistance, even if it's just for reading or driving. 

I hope this helps! 

Eyes & Vision

Eyes & Vision Guide