my fsh level is 15.can i still get pregnant?

By April 12, 2010 - 6:39am

we went to the fert.dr he said there was no hope. is there something i can take besides clomid or do to produce more eggs.

Dear Hope3910

I'm sorry you are dealing with infertility; you are not alone. In fact, it's seems to be more common now than ever.

Your fsh levels are high, normal being from around 2 to 10 but 15 does not necessarily mean you have 'no hope' as the doctor said. 15 should be considered borderline failure where are numbers above 25 means full failure (meaning you have no ovarian reserve) - say, after menopause.

Truthfully, the likelihood of you getting pregnant on your own might be really slim. Can I assume that the Clomid is not working at all?

Has your doctor talked to you about in vitro treatments, egg donations and other options? Clomid simply doesn't work for some women so it may be time to explore other areas. Are you doing this now?

Don't believe there is "no hope" for now. There is always hope until you have tried everything and even then adoption is always an option.

Also, can you tell us how old you are and if you have had a baby already? I hope to hear from you soon!