My hands suddenly got very sticky when they got wet as I washed them. Another lady had the same problem in her letter of 07-11-09. No responses listed -- does anyone know why hands get very sticky when wet?

The stickiness also felt greasy -- numerous washings did not change this. The hands did feel better when dry, but became sticky again when wet. Rubing lemon on them helped, but still not normal. I had been using baking soda for my teeth, and perhaps it was alkalinizing the body too much, so just drank a bit of vinegar in water. I wonder if the other lady had been using alkaline sources?

Your best bet is to see a dermatologist to see why this is happening. 

The poster you mentioned actually got several hundred responses to her question - you can read them on the link I provide, there are also answers there from Moderators.  Reading through these is probably your best bet to get some ideas as to why this is happening, before you see a dermatologist.  But you will need to see someone regarding your particular case, as no-one can diagnose something online.