ask: ,my husband has emphysema,are you aware of autologous alveolar transplants

My husband is 66y/o he has hypercapnea, shortness of breath and intermittent confusion

Cary Cook BSN RN

Hi Anonymous-

I'm sorry you and your husband are dealing with this, because it is not easy. The symptoms you are describing are very common with end-stage COPD or emphysema. I'm not totally clear on your question, though. Do you mean transplanting actual alveoli, or do you mean stem cell transplant or the bone or nerve in the area of the alveoli? There are a lot of tiny distinctions to make, so if you can let me know exactly what you mean, I'll find you some information.

Good luck.

Emphysema

Emphysema Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :