My HYDA scan came back as norman but the ehection fraction was at 97%, which I understand to be very high. What does this mean?

I had a HYDA scan done and it indicated that my gallbladder was the problem. I wish the Dr. would have told me how much radiation exposure there was associated with this scan. My surgeon stated that an ultrasound would have told him the same results minus the exposure. I had my gallbladder out on 6/4/15. and I feel much better. Granted it is hard to figure out the digestive and dietary things.

HERWriter Guide (reply to April Tubens)

Thanks for telling us your story, April.

I had my gallbladder out in April too (that pain was like nothing on earth other than childbirth and a ruptured appendix!).

It took 4-6 weeks for me to figure things out, dietary wise, but I seem to be able to eat anything although I need to go easy on white bread and "white" foods in general. The freshers and rawer, the better for me!

A HIDA scan looks into the liver or gall bladder, bile ducts and small intestine to see how they are functioning.

A high HIDA result means that there may be a malfunction somewhere. There may be an issue with how bile is being tranferred from the liver to the gall bladder (to aid with digestion).

Removal of the gall bladder is sometimes necessary.

Have your doctors discussed treatment with you? Did they inform you of what your results mean? If not, make sure they do.

Gallbladder Cancer

Gallbladder Cancer Guide