My last on time period was in May, what could be going on?

Starting in June, my periods have been 10 or more days late, with the longest being 17 days late. Then when I finally do start I count 28 days from that day, and figure out my new cycle. Then the next month rolls around, and I am 10 or more days late again. I have taken multiple pregnancy tests, and on month 2 when I was late again, I went to the doctor. Everything has come back that I am not pregnant, could something else be going on? I have always had a pretty reliable cycle, down to the hour, and then this happened? I have no idea what is going on.

Since you can rule pregnancy out, you can start looking into other things.

Has anything changed in your life since May? Stress, diet, exercise or mental health can change the menstrual cycle quite significantly .

Age can also be a factor. How old are you? Our cycles can change after 35 and certainly after 40.

Hormonal changes can also happen as we get older, even if you're not near 40 yet. These changes can occur for any of the above reasons or also just due to a change in body chemistry.

The birth control pill can help you get back on track or you can keep charting for a while to see what happens.