My menstrual cycle

By January 19, 2010 - 11:23pm

I am a 37 yr old female who never had any problems falling pregnant. I have 3 kids. I fell pregnant about 2 yrs ago and due to stress had a miscarriage. I wanna fall pregnant now but it just does not happen. It seems to me that my cycle is always changing and it also seems as if it gets shorter every month. I cant really predict when am i ovulating. do i have something to be concern about or am i just overly anxious? Is there supplements that i can take?

Thanking you!!

I am sorry for your loss, I have been there before and know how hard it can be.

Have you had any analysis done by your doctor?

You may feel like you are having trouble conceiving because of the changes in your period but the good thing is that if you're still getting them, you are still ovulating.

After the birth of my son my periods were regular for a while, then started coming every 35-40 days. I don't really know why it happened but just because we don't know when we are ovulating doesn't mean we're not. I do have to say, however, that stress is a major factor in irregular periods as well as the inability to get pregnant. The more stressed out you are, the harder it gets to get pregnant. Is there something going on in your life right now that has burdened you with an increased amount of stress? If so, focusing on resolving that problem or problems can be the first step. If you continue to experience the change in periods and difficulty conceiving afterward then I would definitely recommend seeing your doctor for a physical if you haven't done so already.

Best of luck to you!