Q: 

My menstrual Cycle has been cut short from 7-8 days to 4, WHY?

By September 3, 2009 - 5:04pm

What would make my cycle lighter and last shorter days? I am not on birth control, but my menstrual cycles seem to be getting lighter and lasting shorter periods. My cycles use to last 7-8 days, but this month and last they have been cut short. Looks like I stopped 3 days into the cycle last month and then started back the next day. And this month. I started a little earlier, instead of going 28 days with no period, I went 26 days. I was heavy the first two days and after that my cycle was sooo light that I began using the very thin padding. By the fourth or fifth day I had no cycle. What would be causing my menstrual cycle to be cut short? I know this time, when I stopped flowing early I felt as if I was going to start on my cycle which was weird because in actuality I should have still been on my cycle. I'm worried. Does anyone have any suggestions about what may be going on with me and why? Has anyone experience what I'm going through? Could I be pregnant? I took a EPT pregnancy test right after my cycle stopped and it tested negative. I don't feel pregnant, but I surely stay sleepy alot. I could sleep all day if I had the time to. I have heard that you can be pregnant when you are on your cycle. I have never had wrong pregnancy test results. I have also been a little nauseous, but usually at night and not so much morning.

Anonymous

I had sex 2 days before my cycle I'm only stay on for 7 to 8 days but giving this cycle I only stayed a total of about 3 on the fourth and fifth day is as if I don't have a cycle at all and I'm having major cramps on both sides feeling nauseated with back pain this has never happened will let you know if I could be pregnant and by the way there has been a tingling sensation in my boobs and it's in a hole need help to know if I'm pregnant or not...

Hello Anon

A period after sex - even if it's shorter than usual - means you're not pregnant.

If you want confirmation, a pregnancy test is accurate 14-21 days after sex.

Anonymous

Hi, I have a question...My period is usually 6days long but this month 3 days long...what would be that

I'm like I am in the same boat cycle normally last about 7 days and I I had sex with my fiance two days prior to my period beginning and by the third day of my cycle it stops out of nowhere and I am experiencing lower back pain and tingling sensation in my boobs and just want to know if I can leave right now or is it due to stress or something else...

The body is an ever-changing vehicle and changes in lifestyle, medications or even hormonal fluctuations can change a period. It has no connection to pregnancy and is generally not serious.

Hi, I have been having lower back and lower pelvic pain for about a week or so. I started my period but it lasted 4 days out of 7 it was fime the first day but really light the other days. I have had a crazy appetite lately for sweets and I normally dont like sweets. I have eaten food and afterwards the smell made me vomit. I took a few test all camr back negative. So idk whats going on. If you have a clue please tell me!

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Except for the details of your symptoms, we know nothing about you, such as age, if you have had unprotected intercourse since your last period, and other reasons for lower back and pelvic pain. I suggest your call your physician and schedule an appointment, if necessary.

Regards,

Anonymous

For the past 2 months my period has only lasted 3-4 days. Normally my period lasts 6 or 7 days. I've taken a pregnancy test and it came back negative what could be causing this?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The menstrual cycle is regulated by a precise balance of hormones. Any upset in that balance will cause irregularities, such as a shorter period or longer menstrual cycle.

How old are you? If you are in your 50s, even late 40s, this may be an early sign of perimenopause. During perimenopause, estrogen levels fluctuate. Changes in the menstrual cycle are an early sign.

Regards,

Anonymous

I generally have a mestrual cycle for 7 days.
2 months back i and my boyfriend had sex but we took protection. For extra protection we used 2 condoms.
But since then i am getting my mestrual cycle as 4 days only.last month and this month as well i got it for 4 days only.
Can someone tell me why
And what should i do?