My menstrual Cycle has been cut short from 7-8 days to 4, WHY?

By Nikitamarya23 September 3, 2009 - 5:04pm

What would make my cycle lighter and last shorter days? I am not on birth control, but my menstrual cycles seem to be getting lighter and lasting shorter periods. My cycles use to last 7-8 days, but this month and last they have been cut short. Looks like I stopped 3 days into the cycle last month and then started back the next day. And this month. I started a little earlier, instead of going 28 days with no period, I went 26 days. I was heavy the first two days and after that my cycle was sooo light that I began using the very thin padding. By the fourth or fifth day I had no cycle. What would be causing my menstrual cycle to be cut short? I know this time, when I stopped flowing early I felt as if I was going to start on my cycle which was weird because in actuality I should have still been on my cycle. I'm worried. Does anyone have any suggestions about what may be going on with me and why? Has anyone experience what I'm going through? Could I be pregnant? I took a EPT pregnancy test right after my cycle stopped and it tested negative. I don't feel pregnant, but I surely stay sleepy alot. I could sleep all day if I had the time to. I have heard that you can be pregnant when you are on your cycle. I have never had wrong pregnancy test results. I have also been a little nauseous, but usually at night and not so much morning.

Anonymous

i saw my period on January, then on February i could see it again but i went to hospital to confirm pregnancy text which i was free. please direct me on what to do to see it again and normally.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Since you're not pregnant, I'm sure your period will along soon. There is no need to do anything, it's early March, you couldn't be too late at this stage.

Just relax and your period will arrive when it's ready. Not all months are the same for women and sometimes periods are a little early or late. This is normal.

Anonymous

My period is usually 7 days ling but this month was 3 days long why would that be

hi , I also have the same experience and I am only wondering

Anonymous

I've been having shorter periods for the pass five month now along with no signs of blood clots what do that mean and what can b my chances on Having a kid.? I am 28 of age with a nine year old. No other kids and I would like to start to try to have more but not sure I will b able to

Anonymous

i want 2 shorten period from 8 to 3 days....suggestion

Go to your doctor and talk to him/her about it and ask what type or kind of birth control would be best. I've shortened my period that way . Went from 7 days to 3 days.

Anonymous

Hey I'm having the same problem if get any answers please contact me

Anonymous

Hey my first period started at 12. It was an almost 4 day period. It was getting very I mean very less on 5th day as like 1-2 spots like there is no need of pad. But i m very tired with it. I couldn't go for playing too. Can anyone tell me that if it can get shorter then how to do do it last for 2 days. Please it is very very tired or bad for me. Please understand my personal feeling and tell or help me telling that how it can be shorten. PLEASE.....