My menstrual Cycle has been cut short from 7-8 days to 4, WHY?

By September 3, 2009 - 5:04pm

What would make my cycle lighter and last shorter days? I am not on birth control, but my menstrual cycles seem to be getting lighter and lasting shorter periods. My cycles use to last 7-8 days, but this month and last they have been cut short. Looks like I stopped 3 days into the cycle last month and then started back the next day. And this month. I started a little earlier, instead of going 28 days with no period, I went 26 days. I was heavy the first two days and after that my cycle was sooo light that I began using the very thin padding. By the fourth or fifth day I had no cycle. What would be causing my menstrual cycle to be cut short? I know this time, when I stopped flowing early I felt as if I was going to start on my cycle which was weird because in actuality I should have still been on my cycle. I'm worried. Does anyone have any suggestions about what may be going on with me and why? Has anyone experience what I'm going through? Could I be pregnant? I took a EPT pregnancy test right after my cycle stopped and it tested negative. I don't feel pregnant, but I surely stay sleepy alot. I could sleep all day if I had the time to. I have heard that you can be pregnant when you are on your cycle. I have never had wrong pregnancy test results. I have also been a little nauseous, but usually at night and not so much morning.

Anonymous

For the past 2 months my period has only lasted 3-4 days. Normally my period lasts 6 or 7 days. I've taken a pregnancy test and it came back negative what could be causing this?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The menstrual cycle is regulated by a precise balance of hormones. Any upset in that balance will cause irregularities, such as a shorter period or longer menstrual cycle.

How old are you? If you are in your 50s, even late 40s, this may be an early sign of perimenopause. During perimenopause, estrogen levels fluctuate. Changes in the menstrual cycle are an early sign.

Regards,

Anonymous

I generally have a mestrual cycle for 7 days.
2 months back i and my boyfriend had sex but we took protection. For extra protection we used 2 condoms.
But since then i am getting my mestrual cycle as 4 days only.last month and this month as well i got it for 4 days only.
Can someone tell me why
And what should i do?

Having sex with condoms should not affect the length of your menstrual cycle. Am average cycle is between 3-7 days so four days is normal.

Our bodies and our cycles are ever-changing. A simple change in body chemistry may have done this. It does not signify anything important but talk to your doctor about it on your next visit if you have concerns.

susan

Anonymous

i saw my period on January, then on February i could see it again but i went to hospital to confirm pregnancy text which i was free. please direct me on what to do to see it again and normally.

Since you're not pregnant, I'm sure your period will along soon. There is no need to do anything, it's early March, you couldn't be too late at this stage.

Just relax and your period will arrive when it's ready. Not all months are the same for women and sometimes periods are a little early or late. This is normal.

Hey, I have a question I had sex & he ejaculated inside of me for the first time ever, the next day I started my period. But now my period ended it only lasted 4 days when its always 7days. Is this normal?

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Did you turn out to be pregnant?

Anonymous

My period is usually 7 days ling but this month was 3 days long why would that be

hi , I also have the same experience and I am only wondering