Q: 

My momma says I had spinal meningitis. She said that I had it so long that it ha d long term effects on me like being slow and forgetting a lot of stuff and a few other things . Is that possible

Guide

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for reaching out to our community.

Meningitis is an inflammation of the membranes (meninges) surrounding your brain and spinal cord.

Meningitis complications can be severe. The longer the disease progresses without treatment, the greater the risk of seizures and permanent neurological damage, including:

Hearing loss
Memory difficulty
Learning disabilities
Brain damage
Gait problems
Seizures
Kidney failure
Shock
Death

Regards,

Tags:

Meningitis