My nipples are burning,

By December 22, 2011 - 1:27pm

Hi, I am 20 years old. My nipples began to burn, they've been burning for about an hour now. They are not red or swollen, they're just burning. I always use the same lotions and body washes. This never occurred before. My period ended about 3 days ago. I recently began to take vitamins (Folic Acid Vitamin B and Acidophilus) I also began taking these vitamins about 2 days ago. Maybe they are the problem?

Hi PinkOctober

Did something in particular happen in the last hour that you can recall that could cause the burning?

The supplements you are taking should not cause burning although interestingly, the acidophilus can cause burning in the vagina.

Paget's Disease of the nipples can cause burning but if you are under 40, this disease is very uncommon.

Pregnancy can also cause nipple discomfort.

You could also have a yeast infection of your nipples.

You can put ice on them to feel better but if the pain doesn't stop or increases, please put a call into your doctor.

And please stay on touch with us,

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide