Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

my partner is 22 years younger than me, I need help or suggestions on what to do about dryness.

By Anonymous June 25, 2014 - 12:45pm
Rate This

We've been together for a year, he doesn't complain when I dry out. We've try a few lubes but nothing last long enough.

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Anon

Thanks for your post! 

You don't mention how old you are - are you in menopause or post menopause? 

You may need more than a lubricant. You can talk to your doctor about a hormone replacement therapy that can make sex easier for you but you will need a full health evaluation first and if you have a history of breast cancer, you will not be eligible. 

One option is called a vaginal estrogen ring that is inserted by your doctor and lasts 3 months. It brings estrogen directly to the vagina and can really help. There are also estrogen tablets and creams that you can use that have the same ingredients and the same effect. Something definitely worth looking into. 

Have you heard of these options, Anon?

Here is a great question-and-answer from our ASK section including expert opinions, it's really worth a read:



June 26, 2014 - 11:14am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Female Sexual Dysfunction

Get Email Updates

Female Sexual Dysfunction Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!