My period!!!!!!!

By July 28, 2010 - 10:14am

I'm 52 and still have my period. Bad cramping a week or so that I'm
very tried and buh, and sometimes I could be late as long as a week.
I'm in a relationship but he's been fixed over 25 years.Seen Dr.s more
then enough.They say It's all normal. Please suggest something. They also
say I'm not going through the change.

Hi Debbie!

Thanks for your post and welcome!

First things first - are you sure your partner is fixed? Even though a pregnancy at 52 is very unusual, it can happen.

Secondly, I'm not sure why your doctor would tell you that your circumstances are normal - especially at 52. You are the 'perfect age' (for what of a better term!) for menopause and your symptoms are indicative of that - irregular periods, bad cramping, fatigue...

Debbie - what tests did your doctor run in order to tell you that you are not menopausal? Did you have a full hormonal check up?

Please also read our menopausal page here : http://www.empowher.com/condition/menopause for lots more information.

You may not be menopausal but that needs to be ruled out properly, because it's sounds likely that you entering that stage. This stage of your life is perfectly normal by the way, so it's not like you have some kind of condition or ailment - but I'm sure you'd like confirmation if indeed you are menopausal.

If you are not menopausal, then you need further testing to see what is going on with your periods.

I hope you can answer my questions soon and I look forward to hearing more from you!