My period is 10 days late, is it a possibility that I could be pregnant?

By November 27, 2010 - 2:49am

I have been very tired lately, naseuated at times, and my stomach hurts at times.

Thanks so much for the advice but I need more..... I finally got my period after not having it for 2 months. What I am concerned about now is that I have been bleeding somewhat heavy for a little over a week now, could there be something really wrong with me? Normally my periods last no longer than 6 days. Thank you in advance!

HERWriter Guide (reply to no_name)

Hi no_name!

I answered this question on your new thread. We request that our members post only once so that we can keep track of what we are answering (we answer one post per subject) and also so that we have time to answer everybody's questions.

Thanks for your understanding!

Thank you for writing-- If you are late for 10 days, then yes it's a possibility. Have you taken a home pregnancy test? By now this should give you an accurate result as to whether you're pregnant or not. Let us know how it goes!

(reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

I took a at home pregnancy test and it came back negative, but my period still hasn't came. Is there a something else that could be wrong with me?

(reply to no_name)

Hi no_name,
There are many things that can cause you to not get your period. The biggest is pregnancy, but since your home pregnancy test was negative, you can rule that out for now. Other things include stress, illness, changes in diet, excessive exercise. If you haven't had any of that, then it's possibly something else could be happening. It is not unlikely for your cycles to change. Keep track of them, and if you go 90 days without a period without severe symptoms, call your doctor, they will want to check out what could be going on. If you have severe symptoms (cramping, headache, nausea, etc.), or are concerned call your doctor immediately to schedule an appointment.
Here is an article that may help add some perspective:
Menstruaton: What's Normal, What's Not?
Good luck and let us know how you're doing.