My period ended just over a week ago however I began bleeding again today and am experiencing period like cramps what could this mean? My periods are usually regular and normal, I did stop taking my birth control pills recently could this be the cause of

the bleeding? Could it be a sign of pregnancy? I haven't had sex in over 2 months and my periods have been fine since then

Hello and thank you for choosing EmpowHer,
Usually it takes time for your cycle to get back on track after you stop taking bill control pills. However, periods closer than 25-30 days apart can sometime signify something more serious than simply hormonal imbalances. Check out all the possible reasons at this article by EmpowHer. Reasons for having a Period Every 2 Weeks: http://bit.ly/1O8imJR
In addition to knowing to different possible causes, I highly suggest you see a gynecologist to get a pap smear/ pelvic exam to make sure there is nothing very serious going on.