Pregnancy Guide

ask: My period isn't due for two weeks but my uterus is sore and I'm having cramps off and on could I be pregnant or maybe ovulating?

Anonymous

I am 23 and my period isn't for 10 more days but my breast hurt severly I'm cramping with back pain my last period was super light any ideas?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

These are symptoms of PMS. Sometimes our periods are light, sometimes heavy. A normal period is 3-7 days long. 

Anonymous

My period isn't due for 14 days and I finished ovulating according to my tracker (which is never wrong. Amazes me) two days ago. This morning I woke up with mild cramping in my lower abdomen and a slight back pain in my lower back. I usually get this sort of pain the day before I come on but gets progressively worse towards the actual bleed. What could it be?

Your symptoms could be anything - even a digestive issue. If you had unprotected sex two days ago, you would not be pregnant yet, it takes five days to get pregnant after intercourse so your symptoms are not linked to pregnancy. 

I hope you feel better soon,

Anonymous

Hi im wondering if someone could shed some light. I have a child from a previous relationship and now my partner and I are trying again. Since having my first my periods never really went back to my normal cycle of 28 days but stayed at 40 but regular and spot on each month. Except last month it was 4 days early and was lighter than usual. Over the last week I have been very naudeated, tired, achy, emotional etc. Can anyone shed any light?

Unfortunately this is all a bit too vague to know for sure. I suggest you take a pregnancy test to see if you are pregnant. How old are you?

Hi im 23 had my first child when I was 20. Also over the last few days I have been a little crampy and my periods not due for at least another 7 days. I have done a test it was neg but later seemed as if a faint positive appeared unless thats just me seeing things.

Hi again,

The reason I asked your age was to gauge if getting older was causing changes in your cycle but you are still very young so likely not. 

A faint sign is considered a positive sign for pregnancy, even if it's very faint. If you don't get your period when expected, then re-test but if there was an actual faint line there, consider yourself pregnant until you retest. 

Good luck !

Thanks hopefully this will be it fingers crossed. We shall soon see I have worked out 2 possible dates im roughly due on the 36th day which is the 14th and the 40th day being the 18th. So I have around 9 days max to wait.

Anonymous

I have a. History of ectopic pregnancies, my menstral cycle is usually spot on. My last period was lighter than usual. Now my period is two weeks early and I have heavy bleeding and clotting major cramps that have now dissipated but the bleeding has continued. Heavy, did I miscarry again?

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :