My period is late after taking the morning after pill

By Anonymous February 12, 2011 - 5:12am

Alright, this is all new to me. This is my only source, i cant go to the doctor because im only 17, and i always go to the doctor with my mum. If i went without her she would be suspicious, and ask a million questions. Plus, she doesnt even know i've had sex. I really need help.
On January 2, my boyfriend and i had sex unprotected for the first time ever, i was quite literally shocked and scared. The next morning i took the morning after pill - this was my first ever time taking it. About 4 - 5 days later i started bleeding which lasted about 4 days, (i also got cramping, which i have never before experienced with a period). My period date is usually between the 19 - 23rd of the month, in December my period came as usual. Only, its now the 12th of February and there is no sign of a period. Im starting to really stress. I have taken a home pregnancy test, in which came back negative. But the stress is starting to take over me. i cant sleep at night, this is all i can think about, plus im not eating properly. Please help me to atleast feel reassured.

Anonymous

Hello, I am 17 and currently stressing out over this whole thing. I had sex for the first time August 27th and took the emergency contraception (Take Action) one hour after the event. I had my "period" on September 3 and 4 which was said to be a side effect. But then my expected period was September 18 but there was no signs of period whatsoever. It is now September 24th which is now 6 days late to my period and I am so scared because I don't know what it is. I have been having white discharges and slight cramps and tender breasts, most of the time I know this is a sign that my period is coming, but now I have no clue. Most women that had taken emergency contraception are early to their periods but I am late on mine. I found one comment before that said she was 2 weeks late before she got her period. I do not know if it is a side effect of the emergency contraception or that I may be pregnant. I am absolutely terrified to take a test so please help.

I think I have helped you on this before:

You're going to have to take a pregnancy test to know, if you're period doesn't come first. One way or the other you'll need to know. There isn't anything else we can say other than test - that's what the tests are for. Otherwise we can only guess and you will be more stressed.

Anonymous

You're not pregnant. If your boyfriend used the pull out method and you took a morning after pill directly the next morning then you should be fine. The missed period is a side effect on the morning after pill. Your body will adjust soon. If you're afraid to get pregnant try going on birth control pills instead of spending money constantly for morning after pills. You can get them from your pcp or any clinic without your mom knowing. Best of luck.

Anonymous

Hello I was wandering what are the chances of pregnancy when he used the pulled out method and I took the morning after pill the next morning? If you can help I would appreciate the advise.

If there was no ejaculation and you used EC the next day (which has about a 95% success rate when used within 24 hours) then your risk follows suit - extremely low.

Anonymous

Well me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on June 20 (he used the pull out method) the next morning just to be sure I took the ellaone morning after pill. I'm late on my period and I can't sleep bc I'm under so much stress I can't be pregnant. The only symptom I have is sore boobs and idk of that's from my period coming or from my body showing signs I'm pregnant. I know that the ecp delays your period but I'm about a week late and I'm getting nervous. Please help me I need some advise. This is my only option please help, I will try to keep it updated.

You're going to have to take a pregnancy test if you're a week late. If you have access to emergency pills then you have access to a pregnancy test.

While you may be late due to a side effect of the EC as you mentioned, you should also take a test to know for sure.

Anonymous

I took the morning after pill and my period didn't come and I freaked out but what happen is that the morning after pill messes up your cycle so don't worry and just wait for your next period hopefully it would come

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex and drank the emergency pill between the 12 hours.nine days passed and I had sex again but the condom broke. I am nt planning to drink another morning pill cause I have read that it is dangerous. So me question is can I get pregnant ii f I don't drink anything. Oh and I was at 3 days to get my period. Can some one help?

Did your period come back to normal ?