ask: My period is late after taking the morning after pill

By Anonymous February 12, 2011 - 5:12am

Alright, this is all new to me. This is my only source, i cant go to the doctor because im only 17, and i always go to the doctor with my mum. If i went without her she would be suspicious, and ask a million questions. Plus, she doesnt even know i've had sex. I really need help.
On January 2, my boyfriend and i had sex unprotected for the first time ever, i was quite literally shocked and scared. The next morning i took the morning after pill - this was my first ever time taking it. About 4 - 5 days later i started bleeding which lasted about 4 days, (i also got cramping, which i have never before experienced with a period). My period date is usually between the 19 - 23rd of the month, in December my period came as usual. Only, its now the 12th of February and there is no sign of a period. Im starting to really stress. I have taken a home pregnancy test, in which came back negative. But the stress is starting to take over me. i cant sleep at night, this is all i can think about, plus im not eating properly. Please help me to atleast feel reassured.

I had unprotected sex and drank the emergency pill between the 12 hours.nine days passed and I had sex again but the condom broke. I am nt planning to drink another morning pill cause I have read that it is dangerous. So me question is can I get pregnant ii f I don't drink anything. Oh and I was at 3 days to get my period. Can some one help?

I took ECP during the last week of my cycle then again one day before my due date and for the third time two days after my due date. Then the stress took over my late, i started taking HPT every other day and always negative. Finally i spoke to my Dr. And she asked me to have beta Hcg after 11 days of missed period n it came back negative. I kept on testing at home n negative finally after 22 days of missed period visited dr n she ordered an other blood test which was negative n i got relieved. She did the ultrasound and told me that uterus is preparing for period so avoid medication just wait. It gave me so much of relief that i slept so well after about a month last night n today first thing which i saw in the morning was my period with severe pain but for the first time in my life m so happy seeing my period..lol so the reason why i am telling this to all of u ladies out there relying on ECP is that its the worst ever self medication which we use and then put oursrlves in a continuous pain & stress for months. Pls pls immediately talk to your dr and find another solution instead of ECP. In my opinion it shd b made available on prescription only so ladies remain cautious while taking this mini atom bomb into their systems. Thanks Suzane

Hi guys me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex twice in one day After the first time that day I didn't take the pill but the second time I did and now my cycle hasn't come on yet today makes the 7th day . I have no pregnancy symptoms but I'm afraid. Did this happen to anyone else?

I took the morning after pill last December and my period for January came on my usual time/cycle. Then roughly around 8 days after my period I had unprotected sex and took the morning after pill around 26 hrs later. Now im 8 days late, what's going on? Ive done 7 home pregnancy test all negative. Am I still pregnant ? Pls help

Hello pls always post a final finding whenever u post a problem. Its helpful for readers to know finally happend after ECP intake.

R u pregnant or not....

No, I do not think you are pregnant. Emergency contraceptives are like a huge amount of hormones thrown into your body. So yes, this will throw your period off for the month and the following couple of months. Soon your body's cycle will return to normal. Try not to use "the morning after pills too much."

i had thiis brownish discharge after i took ECP which is nordette and after that brownish discharge its stop and im waiting for the withdrawal bleeding starts but nothing happens,when i took nordette i had this feeling sore breast, nausea, numbness and cramping isnt a side effect but why until now nothing will happen should i take pregnancy test im so scared please help,is anyone just like my case!!!please help

Hey did u find out if u were pregnant?

Did u find out if your pregnant?

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: