My period is late after taking the morning after pill

By Anonymous February 12, 2011 - 5:12am

Alright, this is all new to me. This is my only source, i cant go to the doctor because im only 17, and i always go to the doctor with my mum. If i went without her she would be suspicious, and ask a million questions. Plus, she doesnt even know i've had sex. I really need help.
On January 2, my boyfriend and i had sex unprotected for the first time ever, i was quite literally shocked and scared. The next morning i took the morning after pill - this was my first ever time taking it. About 4 - 5 days later i started bleeding which lasted about 4 days, (i also got cramping, which i have never before experienced with a period). My period date is usually between the 19 - 23rd of the month, in December my period came as usual. Only, its now the 12th of February and there is no sign of a period. Im starting to really stress. I have taken a home pregnancy test, in which came back negative. But the stress is starting to take over me. i cant sleep at night, this is all i can think about, plus im not eating properly. Please help me to atleast feel reassured.

Anonymous

Well me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on June 20 (he used the pull out method) the next morning just to be sure I took the ellaone morning after pill. I'm late on my period and I can't sleep bc I'm under so much stress I can't be pregnant. The only symptom I have is sore boobs and idk of that's from my period coming or from my body showing signs I'm pregnant. I know that the ecp delays your period but I'm about a week late and I'm getting nervous. Please help me I need some advise. This is my only option please help, I will try to keep it updated.

You're going to have to take a pregnancy test if you're a week late. If you have access to emergency pills then you have access to a pregnancy test.

While you may be late due to a side effect of the EC as you mentioned, you should also take a test to know for sure.

Anonymous

I took the morning after pill and my period didn't come and I freaked out but what happen is that the morning after pill messes up your cycle so don't worry and just wait for your next period hopefully it would come

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex and drank the emergency pill between the 12 hours.nine days passed and I had sex again but the condom broke. I am nt planning to drink another morning pill cause I have read that it is dangerous. So me question is can I get pregnant ii f I don't drink anything. Oh and I was at 3 days to get my period. Can some one help?

Did your period come back to normal ?

Anonymous

I took ECP during the last week of my cycle then again one day before my due date and for the third time two days after my due date. Then the stress took over my late, i started taking HPT every other day and always negative. Finally i spoke to my Dr. And she asked me to have beta Hcg after 11 days of missed period n it came back negative. I kept on testing at home n negative finally after 22 days of missed period visited dr n she ordered an other blood test which was negative n i got relieved. She did the ultrasound and told me that uterus is preparing for period so avoid medication just wait. It gave me so much of relief that i slept so well after about a month last night n today first thing which i saw in the morning was my period with severe pain but for the first time in my life m so happy seeing my period..lol so the reason why i am telling this to all of u ladies out there relying on ECP is that its the worst ever self medication which we use and then put oursrlves in a continuous pain & stress for months. Pls pls immediately talk to your dr and find another solution instead of ECP. In my opinion it shd b made available on prescription only so ladies remain cautious while taking this mini atom bomb into their systems. Thanks Suzane

I had sex with my bf on 3rd March and ate ECP on the same date and got period after 5 days on 8th of March. And had sex with him again on 19th and 20th of March and my actual period date was 26th. And its 27th and i am not feeling even any period pain. Am i pregnent?

Anonymous

Hi guys me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex twice in one day After the first time that day I didn't take the pill but the second time I did and now my cycle hasn't come on yet today makes the 7th day . I have no pregnancy symptoms but I'm afraid. Did this happen to anyone else?

Anonymous

I took the morning after pill last December and my period for January came on my usual time/cycle. Then roughly around 8 days after my period I had unprotected sex and took the morning after pill around 26 hrs later. Now im 8 days late, what's going on? Ive done 7 home pregnancy test all negative. Am I still pregnant ? Pls help

Hello pls always post a final finding whenever u post a problem. Its helpful for readers to know finally happend after ECP intake.