My period is late but the pregnancy test came up negative.

By December 17, 2010 - 11:10am

I think that I have a problem of some sort and I’m really scared that I’m pregnant. I started my period November 14 and still haven’t gotten it, and I have an extremely regular cycle. I’m still a teenager, and I have had sex with my boyfriend three times since my period, all protected, but I don’t know if there could have been any complications. I’m now four days late and I’m extremely worried. I can’t tell my parents because they would probably kick me out of the house. I’ve been extremely stressed the last week because I’ve had several urine tests done because there is protein in my urine. Because of that I’m thinking that there is likely a problem with the permeability of my glomerulous or bowmans capsule, meaning that I have a kidney problem. With that I can’t take doses of vitamin c to induce my period because it could affect that. I don’t know what to do and my boyfriend and I are extremely worried. I took a pregnancy test on day two of being late, it was a first response test, and it came up clear negative. I don’t know if I don’t have it because I am stressed about my mom finding out through these urinary tests, or worried in general, but I need guidance. I hate the idea of my mom finding out before I do, because if I find out I will “get rid” of the problem because I’m far to young to be having a child as I am in High School. Any suggestions??

Hi PregoIssues

Thanks for your post. I hope your kidney issue clears up soon.

Even though you are generally very regular, a woman can suddenly have an irregular month due to stress or sickness....or for no discernible reason at all. And since you have been quite stressed, then this may be why.

If you used protection and your pregnancy test is negative, then it's highly unlikely that you're pregnant. I'm sure your period will be along any day now. Give yourself another few days.

Thanks for writing!