My period is so far 2-3 days late and today I started peeing more than usual. I've never had sex before or even had a boy touch me. Could I possibly be pregnant? I don't feel tired or have morning sickness. Pls respond soon! I'm freaking out

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your concerns.

It's a little concerning you think pregnancy can happen this way. Did you have sex ed at school? If not, it's a good idea to study on your own so you know how sex and the human body works. This will eliminate a lot of stress than the unknown can cause.

A woman cannot get pregnant unless she has unprotected sex (both naked) with ejaculation inside (or rarely, on the opening of) her vagina. You have never even been touched by a boy so you can't be pregnant. You have to have unprotected sex/sexual contact.

Our periods are dictated by our hormones. If there is a hormonal shift or a simple change in body chemistry, a period can change. It can be longer or shorter, heavier or lighter. Periods can be earlier or later. It is not an indication that something is wrong (especially if it doesn't happen often) and not an indication of pregnancy.

It can change with how our lifestyle was the month before too. Stress, traveling, even a change in diet could be a factor.

The body is always changing and shifting so our cycles will too. Your period should be along soon.