My period starts to be irregular

In November I will be 44. My husband are 23 years ago been fix and we dont use birthcontrol. My period starts to be irregular sometimes 3 days late then 7 days and now 2 weeks late. We are in a lot of stress due to immigration and I am now Diabetes tipe 2 aswell. Is it possible that I am in my menopause?

Hi Magda

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your concerns. At 46, I am going through the same thing myself!

It sounds like you are beginning to enter peri-menopause; the period before menopause. It can begin anytime from the late 30s to early 50s but most women in their 40s are experiencing some symptoms.

One of the first symptoms is an irregular cycle. This may be what is going on with you.

Read more about peri-menopause here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/perimenopause