Community

Can't Find Something?

Pam Ellen Guide

ASK Moderation Guidelines

ask: My period stopped then started again

By ashleajade

I am on the pill and my periods are normal and have been for years.
I had a normal period that lasted for about 5 days. It stopped as per usual, then 2 days later it started again and has continued for the last 3 days.
When the second period started, it was very very light and I didn't need to wear a tampon/pad but over the last 2 days then bleeding has become a bit heavier and is now red.
I have taken my pill religiously and have not missed one or taken one late. Can you please help?

ashleajade

Hey Cary, thanks for ur info.
I'm 24! I think I will go and see my doctor this week

Cary Cook BSN RN

Hi Ashleajade

You do not mention how old you are. This can happen at any age, but is particularly common once you get around your mid-30s and begin having some hormonal changes and perimenopausal symptoms. It is usually nothing to be concerned about.

If you are having your yearly Paps and pelvic exams and feeling okay, I would not be concerned. But if it is worrying you or you are not feeling well, make an appointment with your gynecologist or health care provider for a check up and a blood draw to check hormone levels.

Thank you for writing and good luck.

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: