My period used to last 4-6 days now its only lasting 2 days!

By June 5, 2014 - 10:26am

My situation is kinda similar whereas I used to have a 4-6 day period now for the past two months its been like heavy for the first 2 days and light on the 3rd day and then the fourth/fifth day it would be just spotting. Thought I could be pregnant but then I took like 4 different brands of pregnancy test and they all came out as NEGATIVE. I had a regular 4-6 days period on April 2nd- 6th and then in May it came on the 30th and lasted 3 days. The last time I was sexually active was about 2 weeks after my period ended in April. I stopped thinking I was pregnant after I saw my period in May, then it came again on June 1st but just like May it lasted 3 days. Then ive been reading so much online and now I'm really confused because I cant sleep thinking about this. I have no pregnancy symptoms. I just sleep alot which is usual for me because I work 10 hours a day(8am-6pm) and when I get home i'm usually tired so I just go to bed and wake up 6am the next morning. I dont usually feel sleepy during the day. A few days leading to my period I had what I believe is PMS which was back pain /my breast were a little swollen and my body temperature was rather high. I dont feel nauseous, i dont have frequent headaches and all the other early signs of pregnancy. I've read that if your daily routine changes a little then that causes your menstrual cycle to waiver a little. I have started jogging a few weeks before my period came. I dont know if that made a difference. I dont know what to do anymore because all the tests ive taken are negative. Anyone with some facts or similar situation I'd like to hear from you. Your help would be appreciated!

That recently started happening to me in september and I Have no idea why . Im 16 and me and my bf have done it a couple of times . I took a pregnancy test just only once in september and that was it , but its been happening to me and I have been getting symptoms of early pregnancy . Like very tired, sharp pains on my stomach,having head aches, and sometimes I feel like throwing up , but whenever I take a pregnancy test it comes out negative and I only get my period two days and thats all . So Im really confused I need your guys help .

Hi ikandy

There are a few reasons that your period may have changed. One could be a change in your hormones and another could be a simple change in body chemistry and you may go back to a regular cycle within a few months. 

A normal period is anywhere from 3-7 days so you are not too far from that mark. 

Over exercising can change periods but if you are not jogging excessively then you shouldn't really have an issue with your cycle. 

I would give yourself a few more months before seeing a doctor to see if things settle down and I hope other women experiencing this will give you their input too. 

I hope this has helped!