my periods have been dealayed for the 1st time

last month I had sex with my bf and after 2 weeks were my period days. i got my periods.after that i havent have sex. but this month my periods are delayed for a week. can u tell me the reason for it. should i have to do a pregnancy test? is there anythin to b worried about?

Dear Anon

Thanks for your question and for finding EmpowHer!

If you have sex, then have your period, then have NO sex again, you cannot be pregnant. You cannot get your period if you are pregnant.

You may be late for any number of reasons but pregnancy cannot happen if you haven't had sex. Have you engaged in ANY kind of sexual activity?

If you have not been well or stressed - this too can affect your monthly cycle.

If you have doubts, take a pregnancy test to confirm you're not pregnant.

Please update me!

Thank you Ma'am. I wasnt well for a couple of days. mayb a week. My periods is delayed for 10 days. is it possible?? Ur sure u never get periods when ur pregnant, not even in the 1st month?? I m worried.