Is my Pityriosis Rosea clearing up?

After months and months of battling with weird rashes on my body and two skin biopsies my dermatologist diagnosed me with Pityriosis Rosea. I have had it since November but it didn't start spreading badly until January. Due to the fact that I have had it so long I recently started doing UV light therapy treatments twice a week at my dermatologist office. I have dark tan skin and I have noticed that the spots are dry and have turned a purple color. They used to be red. I am not sure if this is a sign that they are clearing up and the therapy is working or if the therapy has caused my skin to discolor. I really don't want my skin to scar from this. I am just so over having this having battled it for longer than the average person I am starting to lose hope. HElP.

Thanks for your question and I'm glad you finally got a diagnosis.

Pityriasis rosea is a common skin rash that occurs mainly in children and young adults. The scaly, reddish-pink rash first appears on the back, stomach, or chest. The rash can then spread to the neck, arms, and legs. Pityriasis rosea usually occurs in the spring and fall.

There is no cure for pityriasis rosea. The rash will usually go away on its own after several weeks. The symptoms of pityriasis rosea, such as itching, can be relieved using different treatments. It can take months for some people.

It may take this long for you . Keep working with your dermatologist to treat this and ask for a progress report based on how your skin currently looks.

Read more here on what worked for one woman: http://www.empowher.com/community/share/heal-pityriasis-rosea-fast-what-worked-me

Pityriasis Rosea