My question is about Pregnenolone.

I did ask the question twice, but the first time there were two questions and only the first question was answered. As a result, I asked the question about Pregnenolone and Cortisol a second time. Even so, my question still hasn't been answered. Why is it so difficult to obtain an answer as to whether or not Pregnenolone raises the Cortisol level?
Z. Ben-Dror
Clinical Nutritionist
Member, Life Extension Foundation

From my research, pregnenolone is compared to many other types of steroids, namely prednisone, with similar effects on the body.

According to the Mayo Clinic, "Prednisone is similar to cortisol, a hormone naturally made by your adrenal glands. If you take prednisone for more than a few weeks, your adrenal glands stop making cortisol. "

This information would suggest the opposite of your inquiry; pregnenolone can decrease the body's natural production of cortisol (when taken long term), and may eventually cause a deficiency in cortisol. You should confirm this information with your doctor or Pharmacist, as possible drug interactions or other factors may cause an increase in cortisol levels. Also, depending on drug dosage, length of use and the individual's stress levels, cortisol levels can increase.

Does this answer your question?

Can't Find Something?

ASK Moderation Guidelines