My son is 3 and when I tilt his head back it makes a popping sound? What would cause this? He isn't in any pain or showing any signs of anything being wrong. I have heard it before when I have put his shirt on but just didnt pay attention to it.

What part of his head is popping - or is it his neck?

Your son may have what's called hypermobile joints, meaning he's quite "bendy" and cause that popping sound in the neck because his muscles tighten up to make up for the loose ligaments.

This is just an idea of what may be going on as there could be many scenarios and you need to pinpoint exactly where the popping is coming from.

Parenting Guide