ask: My son is 32 years old and suffered a anoxic brain injury last year. Is there stem cell treatment that would help him have a better quality of life?

By Anonymous November 24, 2010 - 7:14am

To our readers

It's important to ask the doctors of your loved ones about the possibility of stem cell therapy.

There are also clinical trials to look into - I have added a link:

Good luck to everyone and please keep us all posted on your progress,

Looking for any therapy for my 48 year old son who suffered anoxia for about 5 minutes in an accident 5 years ago.

I too have a 52 yr old son that had an anoxic encephalopathy incident in 2010. He progressed well through the years. In 2014 he had a stroke and this put him backwards in his recovery. If you read any info about natural or therapeutic remedies please contact me, thank you

I too have a son who has anoxic brain damage due to lack of oxygen for 30 minutes after a cardiac arrest. I have been watching for any progress in cell therapy research. Have never come across anyone with the same condition and would love some news on any reasearch which is being done. Ann

My name is Julia Ozyavuz. My son, 27 years old got cardiac arrest and 20 minutes lock of oxygen are severe damage in new brain, cerebral anoxia.
I am sorry if I disturb with my question.
Do you know any the ray, such as stem cell? or cell therapy?

Looking forward to hear you

Many thanks in advance

Julia L. ozyavuz

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Julia!

We have information on this on our thread here. Please read through it and we wish you the best for your son.

Hi Suzan,

I could not find your information. Could you send it to my e-mail which is juliaozyavuz@gmail.com?
Or where did you described it? I need a road map.
Thanks very much in advance

Hi Julia!

Unfortunately we cannot connect with people off this site. Here is a list of clinical trials:

My 33 yr old daughter suffered an anoxic brain injury 4 1/2 years ago. I too am interested to find out about stem cell therapy for her as well. She has far exceeded any prognosis given and seemed to plateau at about 3 years, then about 6 months ago has greatly improved. So I feel her recovery is not over and would like to do anything I can to help her life and my granddaughter's life (who I have in my care). I would appreciate talking to you and others incase we can help each other find more answers and support.

Rhonda K (reply to Anonymous)

Hi Deb. This post has given me hope. I've been told that 2 yrs of healing is pretty much all you get. July 26th will be 2 yrs since my 24 yr old daughter had a diabetic seizure lasting over 12 hrs, leaving her with an anoxic brain injury. My daughter has also far exceeded the physicians prognosis of death or if "lucky" vegetative state, but as her mother I want more. I would love to talk with you, if interested please email me. God Bless, Rhonda K

Anoxic Brain Injury