Q: 

My son is 32 years old and suffered a anoxic brain injury last year. Is there stem cell treatment that would help him have a better quality of life?

By Anonymous November 24, 2010 - 7:14am

To our readers

It's important to ask the doctors of your loved ones about the possibility of stem cell therapy.

There are also clinical trials to look into - I have added a link:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=anoxic+brain+injury&Search=S...

Good luck to everyone and please keep us all posted on your progress,

Are there any current trials going on in Texas or surrounding states using STEM cell research on Hypoxic-Anoxic brain injury that you are aware of. My 15 year old nephew was found not breathing and is now in a vegetative state at a hospice center. We are looking for all options for him. Thank you for responding with any information.
Sincerely,
Darby O'Neal

Hello Darby

I'm very sorry to hear about your young nephew - how awful for him and the entire family. Please click on the link I left above your question and type in Texas as the location you are looking at for trials.

You can also ask his doctors to check into this for you. Good luck, please keep us posted.

Anonymous

Looking for any therapy for my 48 year old son who suffered anoxia for about 5 minutes in an accident 5 years ago.

I too have a 52 yr old son that had an anoxic encephalopathy incident in 2010. He progressed well through the years. In 2014 he had a stroke and this put him backwards in his recovery. If you read any info about natural or therapeutic remedies please contact me, thank you

Anonymous

I too have a son who has anoxic brain damage due to lack of oxygen for 30 minutes after a cardiac arrest. I have been watching for any progress in cell therapy research. Have never come across anyone with the same condition and would love some news on any reasearch which is being done. Ann

Hi,
My name is Julia Ozyavuz. My son, 27 years old got cardiac arrest and 20 minutes lock of oxygen are severe damage in new brain, cerebral anoxia.
I am sorry if I disturb with my question.
Do you know any the ray, such as stem cell? or cell therapy?

Looking forward to hear you

Many thanks in advance

Sincerely

Julia L. ozyavuz

Hi Julia!

We have information on this on our thread here. Please read through it and we wish you the best for your son.

Hi Suzan,

I could not find your information. Could you send it to my e-mail
Or where did you described it? I need a road map.
Thanks very much in advance

Julia

Hi Julia!

Unfortunately we cannot connect with people off this site. Here is a list of clinical trials:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=anoxic+brain+injury&Search=Search

Anoxic Brain Injury