my stomach has some sound which make me unconfortable infront of people

By March 19, 2010 - 1:29am

Great Hassan, please keep us updated if it helps!

thank you very much for your answer let me try to follow what you have told me and I hope I will be ok

Thank you for responding Hassan.

Is it a growling noise? Does it hurt?

If you are experiencing gas after you eat for example, this is common and you can purchase gas relief pills over the counter in any pharmacy. If that is the case, you may be experiencing some bloating as well.

Some foods are common to cause gases in the body which also can be avoided to help with the gas. The best way to prevent gas caused by foods is to avoid them. Every person is affected by foods differently, but foods that commonly cause gas are:

* Asparagus
* Broccoli
* Brussels sprouts
* Cabbage
* Cauliflower
* Corn
* Fructose
* Lactose
* Potatoes
* Sorbitol
* Wheat
Here is a great website that will help you understand how gases are created in your body, which foods do not digest well and will ultimately turn into gas. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gas/

I hope this information helps. Can you keep us posted?

Hi Hassan

As Melissa suggested, does these noises happen when you are hungry or any time of day?

Some people have grumbly bellies no matter if they have eaten or not. In fact, we all have noisy stomachs but some are louder than others. The belly is a very noisy place in general. Think about how the stomach works. All that foods enters it and our muscles contract. Then the food is literally churned into liquid, making it a loud process.

I know it can be a bit embarrassing but if this is the way your digestive system works, there isn't a whole lot you can do.

However - you may be lacking in fiber, or lacking a healthy diet and this can make your digestive system work a lot harder and consequently make more noise. You may have bowel problems too or a problem with gas- do you think that's the case?

Are these noises very loud and frequent or do you think they just sound that way to you because you are very conscious of them?

The noises is very loud and frequent but this is not because of hungry or healthy diet thanks to God but what I think may be is gas but if you can tell me what is a bowel problem and if it is a gas what is the sollution

Hi Hassan,

I am not sure I understand your question. Can you be more specific? Are these hunger pains you are talking about?