Q: 

My tinnitus is very bad.

Mentally I don't know how long I can hold on. I'm getting closer to jumping off roof. And I'm not kidding!!!!

Guide

Welcome to EmpowHER. Please do not jump off the roof:)

Tinnitus is the perception of noise or ringing in the ears. A common problem, tinnitus affects about 1 in 5 people. Tinnitus isn't a condition itself — it's a symptom of an underlying condition, such as age-related hearing loss, ear injury or a circulatory system disorder.

If you can find the underlying condition, treatment options become available.

A common cause of tinnitus is inner ear cell damage. Tiny, delicate hairs in your inner ear move in relation to the pressure of sound waves. This triggers ear cells to release an electrical signal through a nerve from your ear (auditory nerve) to your brain. Your brain interprets these signals as sound. If the hairs inside your inner ear are bent or broken, they can "leak" random electrical impulses to your brain, causing tinnitus.

Other causes of tinnitus include other ear problems, chronic health conditions, and injuries or conditions that affect the nerves in your ear or the hearing center in your brain.

If it has become that intolerable, your physician should consider a hearing exam that can help rule out or identify possible causes of tinnitus, and if necessary, imaging tests such as CT or MRI scans.

Regards,

Ringing in the Ears

Ringing in the Ears Guide