My uterus (lower abdomen) is tender. Anytime I bend over or push on it, it hurts.

In the past month I had a period followed by a week of not bleeding, then another week long period. I am not due for another period for two more week (based on the later period start date) The tenderness goes unnoticed unless my 9 month old crawls onto my stomach. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Anonymous

With these symptoms, there could be anything going in, from cysts to having gas.

But if you do have a cyst on your ovaries, they need to be checked. Cysts are actually quite common and go as suddenly as they come - often based on your monthly cycle.

When experiencing pain and unexpected bleeding like this, you really should be seen by your ob/gyn. This could just be a bad month for you but it's best to be sure.

Please keep us posted,