My Uterus seems to get very irritated, uncomfortable, and bloated during my period.

I am 40 now and when I was younger I didn't experience the extreme bloatedness, and my uterus is very tender to the touch. Should I worry about this? It happens only when I am on my period, but it is very noticeable to me. I also experiences major night sweats before and during my period~~~I feel that I am doomed because I have extreme fatigue too. Could I have some sort of endomytriosis? Thank you for all your information, Lori.

Hi Lori,
Pain is the main symptom of endometriosis. It may cause painful periods and pain the lower abdomen before and during menstruation. The only way to know if this is the cause of your symptoms is to have a diagnostic work up.This will include a pelvic exam, a transvaginal ultrasound and a pelvic laparoscopy. Your best bet is to make an appointment with your gynecologist to be evaluated.

Endometriosis Guide