My wife due date isjuly13th 2016. The last Ultrasound doctor found that the below abnormalities 1.fetal is having Gross Hydronephrosis in Right Kidney,. The left kidney is normal. 2.Evidence of mild IUGR and Oligohydraminos 3.Single loop of cord across t

By June 20, 2016 - 12:19pm

My wife due date isjuly13th 2016. The last Ultrasound doctor found that the below abnormalities 1.fetal is having Gross Hydronephrosis in Right Kidney,. The left kidney is normal.
2.Evidence of mild IUGR and Oligohydraminos
3.Single loop of cord across the fetal neck

please explain there is in serious problem or not

Hi sravani

Thank for your post and for reaching out to EmpowHER.

For those readers who may not know about this condition, it's where a kidney swells due to an inability to properly eliminate urine from the kidneys.

The good news is that this condition in your baby usually resolves itself post birth (or right before the birth) in four out of five babies.

The one of out five babies that will not have it resolved on it's one usually receive antibiotics to clear it up.

It is generally not seen as something serious. Your wife's doctors will monitor Baby once born to see if antibiotics are needed.

Here is detailed information for you about this condition. Bear in mind that this can be quite serious in adults but not in newborns - we don't want to worry you. But only your own doctors can tell you the level of seriousness this is for your own baby.

http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/hydronephrosis

We wish you and your wife the best. I hope this information has helped you!

Thank u susan

yester day i met my doctor she also told like this about gross hydronephrous .

wat about remaining problems Mild IUGR and loop card across the fetal neck

yeaterday iam discussed with my doctor she told to me it is not a major problem we can wait to upto delivery date if there is any risk we can go thorugh surgery other wise we can do normal delivery

pls suggest if any risk at normal delivery in this conditions or not

HERWriter Guide (reply to sravani)

Hi again sravani

Your doctor needs to tell you about normal delivery risks, we cannot do that for your wife. She may deliver just fine - I think her doctor is giving you all options and letting you know the normal pattern of things. They may opt for a c-section due to the position of the cord so your wife needs to be prepared for that but your doctors are very aware of the baby's situation and will respond accordingly.