nail stripes and dents

By Anonymous January 26, 2013 - 7:08am

i am sixty and in the last year my nails are dreadful. they have striped ridges from bed to tip and they break like tearing paper more recently i have dips just after the nail bed on both thumbs my nails never uses to be like this they were always hard and healthy what's up then , can you advise on any treatment much appreciated moira

There are several different nails issues and hopefully this information will help fro the University of Maryland http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/nail-disorders-000116.htm.

Many nail issues can be treated but you would have to consult your physician. I hope this helps.

Nail Ridges