Urinary Tract Infection

Urinary Tract Infection Guide

ask: Nauseated for several days

I've been feeling nauseated since Sunday, and I started my period Monday... I have a habit of getting dehydrated when I'm menstruating, but I've been drinking lots of water.
Monday I was very tired, as always. I have very crampy, heavy periods.
But, my main concern is that I think I have a UTI. My mother agrees. For about 2 weeks now, I've had really off-colored discharge[which there has been more of], my urine has been very cloudy and oddly colored as well. Before my period, my stomach[from where my bladder is located, to right above my pubic area. A few inches from each side of my belly button.] was hurting. It wasn't a PMS-type cramping. And my lower back has hurt. I also was having to strain to completely empty my bladder. Does it sound like I have a UTI? Bladder problems tend to run in my family, and my mother gets them every other month or so.

Christine Jeffries

Hi eunioa,
Thanks for your question. This really sounds like you need to see a medical professional, you could be risking a kidney infection which would land you in the hospital if it's not taken care of quickly.
Here is more information about this condition: Urinary Tract Infection
Please call your doctor immediately or go to urgent care or your nearest clinic.
Good luck, and let us know how you're doing.

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :