neck lump

By September 10, 2012 - 10:57am

I've been having this solid pea-sized lump on the left side of my neck for at least 8 years.
I was mostly in denial to have it checked especially since this condition is mostly genetic. My family from my mother side have lumps on different side of their body including my mom and not have them removed.

So I was just wondering what can this lump be? It doesn't caused any pain, it's just when I press my finger to feel it, it hurts just a little bit.

Is there any medication that I can take orally instead of removal surgery?

Hi Aby

We cannot tell you what to do about your lump as we (nor you) don't even know what it is.

You may have some kind of nodule in your thyroid or attached to your neck, it may be a cyst or some kind of growth but you won't know unless you get it checked.

Don't be afraid - think of all the time you have spent by worrying because you don't know what it is. Once you get things checked out, you can at least have peace of mind, nothing it's nothing important - or you can have it treated if that is what is needed.

Thyroid Conditions