ask: Need clarification on BETA HCG

By Nita_88 March 18, 2012 - 4:56am

I am stressed with the situation I am in these days. I am not very regular on my periods, I had my last period in January (12-15), was supposed to have periods in feb (dint happen), march has also crossed and no periods yet. I had protected sex with my bf on 2nd feb and on 24th feb and we always try to ensure we keep it safe. I did almost 5 Home pregnancy test and all came negative so yesterday went for BETA HCG and the result came out to be <1.20, I understand that this means negative pregnancy. I want to know is it early for the test? or i am safe? I dont want to get prego as of now. PLZZZZZZZ help...

Hi Nita,

Thank you for your question and welcome to Empowher. I think you should be safe to say that you are not pregnant as it has been several months and you have already taken tests which came back negative. You may want to follow up with your doctor as to why your period is absent though. Sometimes fear of pregnancy or stress can cause delayed periods although a follow up with your physician will be helpful. Please keep us posted and good luck.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :