Bones & Joints

Bones & Joints Guide

ask: Need face mask for broken nose

My daughter broke her nose twice and needs a face mask for college basketball. I've looked online and most of what I find is the generic ones with the padding across the forehead and beside the nose. She doesn't like this kind because she says she can't see well enough. Where is the best place to get the custom made kind?

Anonymous

hello I am in 92109 zip code and need a custom mask for my broken nose, I play professional soccer and need it to be strapless on the top portion for heading the ball. im having surgery this week and need a mask asap.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You need to do a google search or call a sports store for help. If a sports shop doesn't have what you need, it's likely they can refer you to one who has.  We cannot offer a location service for you, I'm sorry.

Anonymous

I need this too. ASAP! Zipcode is 97756. I have calls in to various locations already, including her doctor, who has to send out to Michigan for this. She has a game tomorrow! Help! Kim

alsmadi

Hello,

I have been looking for one as well, however everywhere I go they just have the foam padded ones, can anyone please let me know where to find one, I need it asap before my daughters season begins.

Alison Beaver (reply to alsmadi)

Can you tell us where you live (if in the United States, just your zipcode would be helpful), and we can help you find a location?

Have you asked your daughter's doctor's office this same question as well?

As Diane said, there are usually places nearby that provide these - contacting your son's pediatrician is a good idea or contact a local professional sports shop and they can point you in the right direction.

Let us know if you still cannot find a place but the people above should have the information you need. You may also want to talk to your son's coach as he'd also know a good place for this kind of mask.

Thanks for writing!
~Susan

Diane Porter

Mcunard,

Many sports rehabilitation centers make the kind of mask I think you're asking about -- they are made from a mold taken of your daughter's face and are clear plastic? Is this what you're interested in?

Where do you live? I would be glad to see if I could find resources in your area.

Unknownking2k5 (reply to Diane Porter)

I need to find the same kind of mask for my son. Where can I get one made at in the 30906 area.

mcunard (reply to Diane Porter)

Thanks but I finally found one close to my daughter's college.

Anonymous (reply to mcunard)

I need face mask for my son as well I can not find anything in my area. Help

Who do you trust for making healthy living/lifestyle choices? :