need some help, possible pregnancy?

By Anonymous November 6, 2014 - 7:08am

Hi, my bf and I had sex 3 times on October 1st. He did not pull out either time. My period before that was sept 18-24. I'm usually on a 24 day cycle. On October 12 I had an earlier, lighter period. I was supposed to start my period yesterday but nothing. Today there is some very light brown discharge, not coming out on the pad, just inside, and when I check sometimes there's no trace of it. For two weeks before this expected period I started feeling the PMS symptoms. Tender breasts, nausea, tummy is a bit bloated very low. And I was experiencing light cramping throughout the 2 weeks. I feel nothing today. I still have the tender breasts and tired feeling. Is my period coming slowly or ??

Hi, my period in October was some light bleeding, but not much. My period usually lasts 7 days. This one was more like 4 days. I'm not sure about implantation bleeding, I've never had that before. Also on the last day of that October period, we had unprotected sex again, a few times. The light brown discharge is there when I check, other times there's a little red, other times there's nothing. Nothing is showing up on a pad. Only when I wipe or check myself.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Implantation bleeding is scanty, pink or brownish vaginal discharge that occurs about six to 12 days following conception. It goes away on its own and the flow does not get heavier or red in color.

Again, if your period does not start soon, test for pregnancy. Depending on the result, consider talking about this with your doctor.

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for seeking our help with your concern of possible pregnancy.

You mention having a light period on October 12. Did you actually have a menstrual flow or was it spotting?

With a short menstrual cycle, you could have been ovulating around October 1. You are most likely to conceive when you have unprotected sex five days before and on the day of ovulation.

Anonymous, if you do not start your period by November 12, you should take a home pregnancy test. You could take an early response pregnancy test this weekend.