Diabetes

Diabetes Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: Nerves in the right foot pains a lot. As such when it is pressed and/or when i sit on the floor for few minutes and try to get up, i struggle to walk straight due to pain. Kindly help me as the pain is increasing day by day.

I am having this pain for the past 4 yrs when the pain was very nominal. Now gradually the pain has increased. I am diabetic for the past 6 months. But my sugar level is under control. I have the pain in both the feet but the pain in the right foot is more.

You will need to see a foot doctor for this. You may have strained, sprain or even broken something in your foot (even several years ago) or have damage to tendons or muscles. There is no other body part with more bones that the foot so feet are very susceptible to injury. Our feet contain 25% of our all the bones in our body (52 bones in all) and also hold over 100 muscles/tendons etc.

Our feet help to balance us and hold a lot of our weight (as well as carry us around all day) so injury can be quite common.

Since you mention you are diabetic and feet are often victims of the side effects of diabetes, this is also something you need to check into, even though your sugar is under control.

A foot doctor will probably do an manual exam, ask you to walk and pinpoint the pain and you will likely have x-rays taken.

But I think a visit is warranted and the sooner the better, especially if you are noticing that the pain in increasing.

Will you keep us updated?

Who do you consult when making a health & wellness lifestyle decision?: