Next choice

I had unprotected sex last Saturday at 2am and took Next Choice Tuesday morning (within the 72 hour safety range). I have been having slight abdominal cramps like a normal period but I have not been bleeding. When am I supposed to get my period?? I thought it was within a week after taking an emergency contraceptive? I don't think my boyfriend did ejaculate inside me but I don't remember so could you help me out??

The best information on your question about Next Choice is from the website of Next Choice itself. You can find the frequently asked questions here: http://mynextchoice.com/Consumer/wherelearn_PatEdu.asp

As to your symptoms now - they are likely due to Next Choice. You may experience some bleeding in the next few days but if not, your next period should reassure you that you are not pregnant. If you have further worries, take a pregnancy test if you period doesn't come when expected.