Next Choice changing period behavoir?

I was on my period and 3 days later my boyfriend and I had sex. We used a condom but after we finished, we continued for a few minutes after. When he got up the condom had slid about half way off. To be on the safe side I went to plan parenthood and they gave my Next Choice. About 2-3 days after that I got what I believe to be my period again. I was bleeding for about 5 days like I would normally on my period (it was a big heavier though). Now, its about a week past the time I would normally get my period. I'm not sure when I should be expecting it. And I'm not sure if this would be related at all but I've been having the urge to pee a lot. But, it seems like I have the symptoms for a UTI. I've been trying not to stress out about this because I know that can cause my period to be late. Also, I live with two other women, My mother is going through menopause and that seems to have been causing my sister and I to have irregular periods for the past few months. Any advice would be great.

Yes - your Next Choice can affect your period activity in the month right after taking it. It should not affect the month after.

And it sounds like you may have a UTI - which sometimes happen after sex. Is it painful to urinate or are you just going often?

Anon - please call Planned Parenthood back and ask them for more information about Next Choice.

Here are some side effects listed by Drugs.com

nausea, diarrhea, or stomach pain;

dizziness, tired feeling;

breast pain or tenderness;

changes in your menstrual periods; or

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/mtm/next-choice.html#ixzz0vvsxCXF5

And do get your bladder symtoms checked; a UTI can lead to a kidney infection if not seen to and that's not something you want to deal with!

Let me know how things go!