Pregnancy Guide

ask: Next choice help!

By roxygirl30

I've been on birth control for a little over 4 or 5 months now and I haven't taken them faithfully but I also have not been sexually active. I ended my period the last week of July and had sex on August 6th, unprotected. I realized I hadn't taken almost a weeks worth of my "sugar" pills (if that's what the last row of them are called). He pulled out but didn't feel confident about the precum. I took Next Choice around 15 hours after it happened, no spotting or bleeding until the last week of August (around 3 weeks after) which is when my expected period was supposed to happen and it lasted for a few days. I filled up quite a few tampons and bled through onto my underwear like usual but it wasn't extremely heavy. Do you think I'm okay and shouldn't worry?

From the day I took the Next Choice pills until today, there has been slight bloating about 4-5 inches below my belly button. I guess it's from my body never taking that pill? It hasn't progressed nor has it gone down but it's never hurt me.

And I've continued taking my birth control regularly in hoping that my next period will come at the end of the month.. Do you think it should?

Hi roxygirl30,

Your period should arrive at the end of the month as expected. Sometimes next choice can cause a change in your period but it usually the very first period after you have taken the pills. 

Good luck,

Rosa

roxygirl30 (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

So, since I didn't have any spotting until 3 weeks after taking it and it was more than spotting when it did come and was on the scheduled time of my period, do you think I'm okay and shouldn't worry?

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :