Pregnancy Guide

ask: Next choice taken 94hrs later?

My period was 12/1-12/5. Had unprotected sex twice on 12/9. I wasn't able to take next choice until 12/13--94hrs later. I took both pills at once. Supposedly My fertile period is 12/11-12/17. What's the possibility that I might be pregnant and how soon can I find out? I've read about pregnancy test that can detect hcg 10 days after ovulation that you can purchase online? And blood test that my dr can do 3-4 days after ovulation? Please help

Dear Anon,

Next Choice is an emergency contraceptive meant to be taken within 72 hours of having unprotected sex. The sooner you take it, the more effective it is. So, if you took it 94 hours after you had unprotected sex then it really may not protect you at all because you missed the 72hr window. 

You can take a pregnancy test once your period is late. There are early detection pregnancy tests that can be taken up to one week before your next period is due, however, you'll have a more accurate result once your period is late or missed.

Rosa

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :